PACE has a long history of partnering to efficiently and effectively deliver and coordinate services for people with disabilities; to raise the profile of services for adults with disabilities; and to ensure stakeholders recognize and understand the value of personal support services for people with disabilities in Ontario.
Senior Leadership Team members participate in a number of provincial, regional and multiple sub-regional/Ontario Health Team tables. PACE leverages these opportunities to advocate for the needs of adults with disabilities and increase awareness about the system contributions made by the independent living sector.
• Member, Ontario Health, System Advisory Council – providing advice to the President & CEO on system wide issues that support the mandate of Ontario Health in improving integrated care for all Ontarians; feedback and input on proposed strategies and initiatives with a solutions-focused approach to improvement.
• Member, Ontario Health, HHR Advisory Committee – providing advice to Ontario Health on challenges and solutions related to the ongoing pressures and staffing shortages affecting health human resources (HHR) in Ontario; provide input on proposed HHR strategies; identifying recommendations where provincial levers are needed to create change (e.g. policy, legislation, or regulation changes).
• Chair, Ontario Association of Independent Living Service Providers – advocating for persons with disabilities and the organizations that provide them service; advancing the development of independent living opportunities and experiences; supporting professional development and leadership excellence.
• Association Representative, Ontario Health, Service Accountability Agreement Advisory Committee – providing advice on the plan to evolve the SAAs including providing advice on the goals, strategies, and implementation plans for 2023/24 as well as further evolution in 2024/25 and beyond.
• Member of Policy Committee, Ontario Community Support Association – providing advice, input and feedback to related to issues impacting home and community sector policy positions; identifying emerging health system issues and trends in provincial and national policy initiatives; and recommending innovative strategies that will advance the not-for profit home and community care sector.
• Member, Provincial Acquired Brain Injury Network
• Member, GTA Attendant Services Leadership Group
• Lead, Community Client Satisfaction & Experience Survey Initiative
• Member, Advisory Committee and the Wait List Collaborative, Attendant Services Application Centre (ASAC)
• Member, Central Community Support Services Network
• Member, Toronto Acquired Brain Injury Network
• Member, Community Ethics Network Ontario Health Team Involvement
• East Toronto Health Partners
• West Toronto Ontario Health Team
• Downtown East Ontario Health Team • North Toronto Health Partners
• Mid-West Ontario Health Team (interest expressed)
• North Western Ontario Health Team (in development)
• North York Toronto Health Partners (in development)
• Westpark Health Centre – Behaviour Support Partnership
• North Yorkers for Disabled Persons – Provision of back-office finance support.
• Aphasia Institute – Provision of support to Aphasia Institute Day program clients
• Huntington Society of Canada – Collaborative support, consultation, and assistance for clients/applicants with Huntington Disease and their family members